Friday, January 6, 2012

Coffee and chocolate

I have read a lot of books that recommend doing a detox before switching to a raw diet.  Cutting out caffine and breads.  I am not planning a dramatic full switch to be a high raw vegan (eating 80% raw), but rather a slow and casual increase of more raw foods in to my daily life. Doing a casual transition should help to prevent some of the negative side affects that some people report having.

As I have mentioned before, I have a killer sweet tooth.  One of the ways that I appease my sweet tooth is with blended drinks.  This includes coffee.  Now coffee definitely isn't raw, but I have enjoyed adding raw cocoa to my cold coffee as you can try in the recipe following.  If you have never tried raw cocoa, you should.  The taste difference is amazing!  I use Navitas Naturals brand and am super pleased with it.

Raw Chocolate Coffee Drink:
3/4 cup cold coffee
2 Tbs raw cacao powder
1 Tbs raw agave syrup
8-10 drops of flavored stevia of your choice
3 cups of "milk"

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.  Serves 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment